1212 Kitsaki Reserve #156B
Highway 2 South
P.O. Box S0J 1L0
PHONE: (306) 425-5511
FAX: (306) 425-5335
In March 1994, the Minister of Social Services, now the Ministry of Social Services, announced that a Tripartite service agreement had been signed with Chief & Council of the Lac La Ronge Indian Band and Lac La Ronge Child and Family Services Agency Inc.. This agreement authorized Lac La Ronge Indian Band Child & Family Services Agency to take direct operational responsibility, for the delivery of child and family services, to the band members in the six (6) communities of Lac La Ronge Indian Band.
Initially in 1994, there were approximately eight (8) permanent and non-permanent employees. As of April 2005, ICFS now employs a total of thirty-five (35) permanent and non-permanent employees in all program areas.
The ICFS Agency is responsible for the administration and operation of the following services and programs, subject to the legislation of The Child & Family Services Act for the Province of Saskatchewan and the ICFS Agency Policy & Procedures:
* Child Protection Services * Foster Care Services
* Professional Management and Staff * Public Awareness and Education
* Training in Human Resource Development * Program Evaluation
* Family Support Services * Preventative Services
* Child and Youth Services
Articles of Convention that guide the Operations of the Lac La Ronge Indian Band Child & Family Services Agency Inc.
* Tripartite Service Agreement with Lac La Ronge Indian Band, Department of Community Resources
and Employment and La Ronge ICFS
* Comprehensive Funding Arrangement with Department of Indian Northern Affairs Canada
* Provincial Child & Family Services Act
* Incorporating By-Laws
* ICFS Election Act
* ICFS Policy and Procedures Manual