1 (One) – Permanent Part-Time
PERSONAL CARE WORKER at WAWUHTEWIKUMIHK GROUP HOME
(This is a Re-Advertisement; Previous Applicants Need Not Apply)
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Health Services is now accepting applications for one (1) Permanent Part Time, Personal Care Workers based out of the Licensed Wawuhtewikumihk Group Home on Far Reserve, in the community of La Ronge. This position is responsible for providing guidance, support and supervision for individuals with Cognitive, Mental and Physical Disabilities that require 24/7 care.
- Support and supervise individuals with physical disabilities;
- Use a team approach to plan, organize and supervise daily activities, recreational and other services;
- Prepare and serve meals as planned;
- Administer prescribed medications;
- Assess needs of residents on an on-going basis;
- Maintain sanitation of Group Home;
- 12-hour shift with master rotation;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor;
- Grade 12; Combination of Education and Experience may be considered;
- Certified First Aide & CPR and Safe Food Handling Certificate required or willing to obtain;
- Continuing Care Aide Certificate, Personal Care Worker Certificate or Home Health Aide Certificate required;
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with the Group Home team;
- Must be self-directed, demonstrate communication and organizational skills;
- Previous home care or childcare experience is an asset;
- Experience working with First Nations Communities is an asset;
- Must have a valid driver’s license;
- Current Criminal Record Clearance, Vulnerable Sector Screening and Driver’s Abstract required upon hire;
Benefits: LLRIBHS offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package such as Recognitions, Northern Allowance, Housing Subsidy, Extended Health Care and Pension.
Re-Post: October 7th, 2022 Deadline: Until Suitable Candidate is Found.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume including three (3) professional references (excluding Chief & Council), one reference must be from your current or most recent Employer, to:
Email: [email protected] Phone: 639-274-0323 Fax: 639-274-0328
In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references.
Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation may not be considered.
LLRIBHS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Telephone interviews will not be granted; however, ZOOM interviews may be considered.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.