*Previous Applicants do not need to reapply*
GENERAL MAINTENANCE WORKER – Permanent Full-Time
The suitable candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Respond to work orders;
- Perform basic home maintenance to on-reserve housing;
- Repair or replace defective appliances and/or equipment;
- Safely operate hand/power tools and equipment required to perform assigned work;
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
The suitable candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Working knowledge of trades or previous training in the maintenance or construction field is required;
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, heating, electrical and carpentry is necessary;
- Minimum Grade 10;
- Good communication skills to deal tactfully with the public;
- Valid driver’s license is required;
- A combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Previous experience in furnace, appliance repair and maintenance;
- Good organizational skills to plan and expedite work as it pertains to assigned projects;
- Ability to work unsupervised and attention to detail are required;
- Must be willing to take direction from a supervisor;
- Ability to perform manual labour;
- Current WHMIS, First Aid and CPR certification are assets;
Salary: Depending on actual experience and in accordance with applicable salary grid.
Benefits: LLRIB employees are entitled to a complete benefits package: pension, insurance, northern living allowance, housing allowance and relocation allowances, where applicable.
Date Posted: December 10, 2021
Deadline for application: December 31, 2021
Submit cover letter and resume with three (3) professional references (excluding Chief and/or Councilors or family members), one being your current or most recent supervisor, to the following:
Marcia Landry, Human Resource Officer Phone: 306-425-2884
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Public Works & Housing Fax: 306-425-2777
Box 670, Air Ronge, SK S0J 3G0 E-mail: email@example.com
**Note : Your references MUST be people you reported to and had direct supervisory authority of you. In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references.
LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check as a condition of employment. Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation may not be considered. Telephone interviews will not be granted.