The Lac La Ronge Indian Band’s Education Department is accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year until June 30, 2022 to fill the following full-time term position based out of Mikisew Awasis Early Learning Centre in La Ronge, SK:
The suitable candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Provide support and programming to students in and out of the classroom;
- Participate during supervision time and in extra-curricular activities;
- Work with Early Childhood Educators to develop individualized plans.
- Organize and participate in a wide variety of field trips, sports, social, recreational and craft activities
- Provide school & student support to assist school as assigned
- Under the direction of a senior member of the team, implement individual programs for students who are unable to function in a regular classroom setting.
- Evaluate and maintain records of student progress; discuss with team members any changes which may be made to an individual student’s program.
The suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent;
- Must be prepared to work with children with various skills and abilities;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Completion of a recognized Post-Secondary Special Education Assistant program shall be considered as an asset.
- Ability to lift and position students of varying weights
- Prefer to have or willing to obtain First Aid Certificate
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
Posting Date: January 12, 2022 Deadline for application: Until suitable candidates are found
LLRIB offers a comprehensive benefit (pension, extended health and life insurance) package, northern living allowance, housing subsidy where applicable.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume including three (3) Professional References, one from your most recent or current employer, and Criminal Record Check to the following:
Human Resource Office Phone: (306) 425-2183
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Fax: (306) 425-2170
Box 480, La Ronge, SK. S0J 1L0 Apply on line : https://llrib.com-jobs/
Note: Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation will not be
For further information, call Kathleen Desautels, Early Childhood Program Manager, 306 425-5656
LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Telephone interviews will not be granted.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.