(This is a re-advertisement, previous applicants need not apply.)
The Lac La Ronge Indian Band’s Woodland Wellness Centre is inviting applications for the following positions based out of La Ronge, SK:
1 – Part-Time
2 – Casuals
The suitable candidate(s) will be able to perform the following duties:
- Guard the property against fire, suspicious behavior, theft, vandalism and forced entry;
- Patrol the building, grounds and work site as specified by employer;
- Perform foot and vehicle patrol on reserve/band’s property;
- Observes or examines doors, windows and gates to ensure they are properly secured;
- Watch for and report irregularities to supervisor and other agencies (RCMP or Fire Department);
- Work independently with minimal supervision;
- Provide written and verbal reports with attention to factual details;
- Other work-related duties as assigned by Immediate Supervisor.
The suitable candidate(s) will possess the following qualifications:
- Security Guard training course or related;
- Grade 12 or equivalent preferred;
- Previous experience in the security industry will be an asset;
- Ability to deal with the public in a respective, assertive manner;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential;
- Punctual, honest & reliable;
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is preferred;
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory; Criminal Record, Vulnerable Sector Check, Driver’s Abstract, and COVID-19 Vaccination Passport.
Date of Posting: March 21, 2023 Deadline: Until Suitable Candidate is Found
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume including three (3) references (excluding Chief and Councilors), one from your most recent/current employer, to the following:
Human Resource Office, Phone: 306-425-2183
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Fax: (306) 425-2170
Box 480 E-mail: [email protected]
La Ronge, SK. S0J 1L0 Website : https://llrib.com/llrib-jobs/
NOTE: Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation shall not be considered. In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references. Your references MUST be people who you reported to and had direct supervisory authority over you. Also, please provide your Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract with your application.
- Telephone interviews will not be granted. However, an interview via Teams may be granted.
- LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience