CLOSED competition (Restricted to members of llrib)
Full-Time, Definite Term Contract
1 (One) – YOUTH SUPPORT WORKER
For the community of La Ronge
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Health Services is in search for 1 (One) Full Time, Definite Term, Youth Support Worker based in the community of La Ronge. This position requires candidates from the community who live healthy lifestyles, are role models and are familiar with the Woodland Cree Culture and Practices. The ideal candidate will be responsible for increasing awareness and understanding of issues among First Nations youth, be the liaison to the youth and services provided by LLRIB Health Services. S/he will work with the Prevention & Recovery staff in their communities, with the youth, community members, along with professional workers to strengthen, and help create collaborative approaches and links within communities, agencies and organizations.
- Increasing awareness and understanding of issues among First Nations youth;
- Participate in developing a questionnaire and gathering statistics on the history of youth issues and concerns in each community;
- Willingness to contribute in thoughtful and innovative way to the development and implementation of awareness and prevention programming;
- Assist in organizing a Committee in each community and engaging youth to discuss relevant issues and concerns;
- Participate in developing youth planning in each community;
- Assist P & R team/program in facilitating grief workshops;
- Inspire youth to live a healthy lifestyle;
- Attend required staff meetings, case conferences, and trainings as required;
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor &/or designate.
- Grade-12 or combination of education and relevant experience may be considered;
- Strong organizational skills & able to multi-task;
- Experience in facilitating groups, public speaking, presentations; and writing reports;
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team;
- Willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends;
- Ability to speak/understand Cree and/or knowledge of Cree Culture is an asset;
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and public relations skills;
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening & Drivers Record Checks required upon hire;
- Must have a Class 5 Valid Driver’s License;
Benefits: LLRIBHS offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package such as recognitions, Northern Allowance, Housing Subsidy upon application, group insurance and Pension.
Posted: January 6th, 2022 Deadline: January 19th, 2022
Apply On-Line at: https://llrib.com/llrib-jobs/
Or Apply by: Submitting your cover letter and resume with three (3) professional references (excluding Chief & Council), one from your current or most recent supervisor to Human Resources.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 639-274-0328 Fax: 639-274-0323
In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references
LLRIBHS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check and vulnerable sector screening check. Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation may not be considered. Telephone interviews will not be granted; however, Zoom interviews may be considered.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.