The Lac La Ronge Indian Band (LLRIB) is now inviting applications for the following full-time term position to March 30, 2026 (3.5 years) based out of the Executive Office:
Youth Justice Project Coordinator
The Project Coordinator will be working as part of a team for our upcoming Youth Gangs and Guns prevention project (LLRIB YGG Project). The LLRIB YGG Program Coordinator is the lead for several programs and services, working collaboratively with the other professional staff of LLRIB to lead and manage programs in support of the Bands mission.
The Coordinator will have an active role in recruiting, mentoring, and managing YGG project staff and participants to provide youth guns and gangs prevention and information services for individuals, schools, justice facilities, and other groups and organizations, and also manages key community partnerships that support the goals of the LLRIB YGG community justice project .
The suitable candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Facilitate the planning and delivery of community-based youth justice program, activities and events for elders, adults, and youth;
- Promote, coordinate, administer and communicate LLRIB YGG program, activities and events;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with other agencies to engage the LLRIB communities and Band governance structures create to the roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders involved in the service implementation of the LLRIB YGG Project.
- Prepare event budgets forecasting revenue and expenditures;
- Recruit, coordinate, and recognize volunteers for the various events and programs;
- Organize and implement monthly YGG project schedules;
- Complete daily records and program statistics;
- Provide written monthly reports including documenting expenditures and statistics;
- Provide select transportation services for program participants when required to various events;
- Assist with LLRIB YGG events
The suitable candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Two (2) year degree in a related field, or equivalent
- Two-Five (2-5) years’ experience in Corrections/Youth Justice services
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Program planning experience preferred;
- Strong organizational, coordination & time management skills;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and public relations skills;
- Good budgeting and financial management skills;
- Must have strong reading, writing, and communication skills;
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively;
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certificate is an asset
- Must have a Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Must have a satisfactory criminal record check and vulnerable sector check;
- Training and experience in MS Office.
Date of Posting: January 23, 2023 Deadline: February 6, 2023
Submit cover letter and resume with three (3) professional references (excluding chief & councilors, or family members), one being your current or most recent supervisor, to the following:
Human Resource Office, Fax: (306) 425-2170
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Phone: (306) 425-2183
Box 480 E-mail: ([email protected])
La Ronge, SK. S0J 1L0 Online: https://llrib.com/llrib-jobs/
NOTE: Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation shall not be considered. Your references MUST be people who you reported to and had direct supervisory authority over you. In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references. Also, please provide your Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract with your application.**
- Telephone interviews will not be granted. However, an interview via Teams may be granted.
- LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.