(This is a re-advertisement, previous candidates need not apply)
The Lac La Ronge Indian Band is accepting applications to fill the following full-time term position based out of Bells Point Youth Center, La Ronge, SK:
Youth Center Worker
The suitable candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Develop, coordinate, promote, and evaluate programs for the Youth attending Youth Center;
- Supervise Youth Center Workers (schedules, time cards, activities, etc.);
- Weekly meal planning and grocery shopping of light, healthy meals for youth.
- Arrange pick up and drop off for kids to and from the Youth Center;
- Promote social and emotional well-being and fun;
- Prepare for and lead activities, games and crafts;
- Ensure open communication with participants, parents, and staff. Must respond to parent and participant questions and concerns;
- Ensure proper set up, dismantle, and clean-up of daily activities;
- Compile and submit program outcome reports to Internal Council;
- Work with other community agencies (LLRIB agencies and/or Local Agencies) to provide programming and support to Youth. (i.e. Mental health, oral hygiene, proper nutrition, etc.);
- Establish and maintain appropriate public relations in the community;
- Carry out any other work-related duties, when requested by Immediate Supervisor;
The suitable candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-Secondary certificate or diploma in Social Work or Youth Care Worker;
- 2 (two) years’ experience in planning extra-curricular activities for youth.
- Combination of qualification and experience may be considered;
- Knowledge of local resources, agencies, and referral sources;
- Knowledge of the stages of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual development needs of children
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Time Management, Planning, and Organizing Skills;
- Valid Safe Food Handler’s Certificate preferred;
- Must have Valid Driver’s licence;
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory criminal record and vulnerable sector check, and Driver’s Abstract is required upon hire;
Posting Date: October 15th, 2021 Deadline for application: Until Suitable Candidate is Found
To apply: Submit a cover letter and resume including three (3) references (excluding Chief and Councilors), including one from your most recent/current employer, to the following:
Human Resource Office, Phone: (306) 425-2183
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Fax: (306) 425-2170
Box 480 E-mail: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
La Ronge, SK. S0J 1L0 Online : llrib.bamboohr.com/jobs
Note: Your references MUST be people who you reported to and had directly supervisory authority of you, excluding Chief & Council, Family or Friends, and Coworkers. In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references. In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references.
Contact: Call Human Resources at (306) 425-2183 for more information.
LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record and vulnerable sector record check. Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation will not be considered. Telephone interviews will not be granted.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.