The Lac La Ronge Indian Band’s Education Department is now accepting applications for the following full time position based out of Bell’s Point Elementary School in La Ronge, SK:
The suitable candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Develop, implement and maintain social and emotional counselling and programs for students;
- Provides counselling services to students to ensure their success in their studies;
- Provide students and parents with information on school policies, procedures, local agencies and services
- Monitor and maintain attendance of students including arranging for home visits / phone calls to parents;
- Maintain student files in a confidential and professional manner;
- Communicate effectively with school staff;
- Maintain positive public relations on behalf of the LLRIB;
The suitable candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or any other degree in related field;
- Previous experience working in a school setting is required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong sense of discretion and professionalism;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Essential skills: planning, problem-solving, decision-making, leadership and counselling skills;
- Demonstrated communication (written and verbal), public relations, computer, and organizational skills:
- Must have a Valid Saskatchewan Driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle
- Must provide a satisfactory Drivers Abstract, Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening.
LLRIB employees are entitled to a complete benefits package: pension, insurance, northern living allowance, housing allowance and relocation allowances, where applicable.
Posting Date: January 7, 2022 Deadline for application: Until Suitable Candidate is found
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume including three (3) references, one from your most recent/current employer (excluding Chief and/or Councilors), to the following:
Human Resource Office Phone: 306-425-2183
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Fax: 306-425-2170
Box 480, La Ronge, SK. S0J 1L0 Email: email@example.com
For further information, call Karen Maxwell, Principal at Bell’s Point Elementary School (306) 425-5600
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.
LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check. Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation may not be considered.
Telephone interviews will not be granted.