(This is a re-advertisement, previous applicants need not apply)
The Lac La Ronge Indian Band’s Social Development Department is now accepting applications for the following Full-Time Term position (ending March 31, 2023). This position will be under contract with a possible extension pending funding. This position will be based out of Hall Lake, SK:
Pre-Employment Support (PES) Case Worker/Welfare Intake Worker
This position will be half PES Case Worker and half Welfare Intake Worker. The PES Case Worker/Welfare Intake Worker will be responsible for the; intake of social assistance clients and comprehensive case management process through the provision of services for 18-64 year-old clients on Income Assistance. The PES Case Worker/Welfare Intake Worker will be responsible for a caseload of First Nations clients currently residing in Hall Lake. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Operations Manager.
The suitable candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Conduct interviews with clients;
- Do home visits;
- Issue cheques and purchase orders;
- Maintain proper records and filing;
- Do reporting as required by ISC, PES Coordinator and immediate supervisor;
- Assessing client employability
- Assessing client needs and barriers to employment;
- Assessing steps to reduce or remove client employment barriers;
- Ability to develop a client ‘Action Plan’ that assist a client to become employed;
- Coordinate case management supports ad services;
- Referral of clients to programs and services for meeting training, employment supports or mental/addiction and job transition supports;
- Interpret Social Development Policy and regulations to clients.
The suitable candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum Diploma in Social Sciences;
- Minimum one-year experience in counselling First Nations members;
- Ability to speak Cree and knowledge of the Woodland Cree Culture is an asset;
- Experience with databases, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to deal with the public;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Must have own reliable vehicle;
- Must be able to provide a Satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check, SGI Driver’s Abstract, and COVID-19 Vaccination Passport.
Date of posting: February 14, 2023 Deadline for applications: Until Suitable Candidate is Found
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume including three (3) references (excluding Chief and Councilors), one from your most recent/current employer, to the following:
Human Resource Office, Phone: 306-425-2183
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Fax: (306) 425-2170
Box 480 E-mail: [email protected]
La Ronge, SK. S0J 1L0 Website : https://llrib.com/llrib-jobs/
NOTE: Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation shall not be considered. In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references. Your references MUST be people who you reported to and had direct supervisory authority over you. Also, please provide your Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract with your application.
- Telephone interviews will not be granted. However, an interview via Teams may be granted.
- LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience