1 – (One) Permanent, Part-Time
PERSONAL CARE WORKER
Elder Catherine Charles Long Term Care Home
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Health Services is now accepting applications for 1 (one) Permanent, Part Time Personal Care Worker based out of the Elder Catherine Charles Long Term Care Home in the Bell’s Point Area, in the community of La Ronge. This facility is a 24-hour, 365 days’ facility that provides Level 1, 2 & 3 Care to residents admitted into the facility. The Ideal candidate will be required to provide services to those residents of the ECCLTCH.
- Apply knowledge-based programs in collaboration with the client and other health care professionals;
- Must be able to provide home management, personal care and respite assistance to clients;
- Use skills and interventions to meet the physical, social/cultural, emotional and spiritual needs of the client.
- Must be able to clearly document and maintain comprehensive resident records.
- Ability to work modified work schedule of 12 hour shifts, days, nights and weekends throughout the year.
- Administer prescribed medications; Assess needs of residents on an on-going basis;
- Maintain sanitation of the Elders Home;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or designate;
- Grade 12; Combination of Education and Experience may be considered;
- Continuing Care Aide Certificate, Personal Care Worker Certificate, Home Health Aide Certificate or a Rehabilitation Certificate is preferred;
- Certified First Aide & CPR and Safe Food Handling Certificate required or willing to obtain;
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with the ECCLTCH team;
- Must be self-directed and demonstrate organizational skills;
- Previous home care or childcare experience preferred;
- Experience working with First Nations Communities is an asset;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license is an asset and is preferred;
- Current Criminal Record Clearance, Vulnerable Sector Screening and Driver’s Abstract required upon hire;
Benefits: LLRIBHS offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package such as Recognitions, Northern Allowance, Housing Subsidy, Extended Health Care and Pension.
Posted: March 16th, 2023 Deadline: March 23rd, 2023
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume including three (3) professional references (excluding Chief & Council), one reference must be from your current or most recent Employer, to:
Email: [email protected]
In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references.
Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation may not be considered.
LLRIBHS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Telephone interviews will not be granted; however, SKYPE interviews may be considered.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.