2 (Two) – Full Time Definite Term Contract
Mental Health Therapist I
For the community of La Ronge
(This is a re-advertisement; previous applicants need not apply)
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Woodland Wellness Centre is now inviting applications for (2) Two Full Time Definite Term Contract, Mental Health Therapist I to work in the community of La Ronge. This position will provide services to the LLRIB outlying communities and will report to the Woodland Wellness Director. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing programs, documenting progress of all activities, conducting workshops and developing annual work plans.
- Provide assessment for clients; Provide individual, group and family counseling;
- Assist in crisis intervention planning for all communities under LLRIBHS;
- Deliver in-service programming in LLRIB schools and communities;
- Organize group wellness workshops;
- Provide Trauma Recovery Therapy;
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or designate;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or relevant field;
- Required Professional Registration Number with a Regulatory Body (i.e. Saskatchewan Social Work Association, Canadian Social Work Association, etc.)
- Ability to counsel children, youth and adults;
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of the Woodland Cree Language, Traditions and Culture is an asset;
- Ability to travel to outlying LLRIB communities;
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license;
- Current Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract required upon hire.
Benefits: LLRIBHS offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package such as Recognitions, Northern Allowance, Housing Subsidy, Extended Health Care and Pension.
Re-Posted: October 13th, 2022 Deadline: Until Suitable Candidate is Found.
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume including three (3) professional references (excluding Chief & Council), one reference must be from your current or most recent Employer, to:
Email: [email protected] Phone: 639-274-0323 Fax: 639-274-0328
Or Apply On-Line: https://llrib.com/llrib-jobs/
In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references.
Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation may not be considered.
LLRIBHS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Telephone interviews will not be granted; however, ZOOM interviews may be considered.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.