The Lac La Ronge Indian Band’s (LLRIB) Education Department is seeking a highly skilled individual for the following Full-time term position for the 2022-2023 school year based out of La Ronge, SK:
Under the supervision of the Director of Education, LLRIB, the Literacy Coordinator’s primary role is to work directly with teachers, helping them develop and incorporate language arts instruction in each individual school.
The suitable candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Guide teachers to collect and analyze data and develop action plans in response to determine student needs;
- Provide individualized, classroom-based support to implement comprehensive program. This will include modeling of best teaching practices;
- Work with the principals to create a school-wide focus on goals for reading achievement;
- Complete monthly status reports for the principal and district administrators;
- Research and provide information and guidance regarding a range of effective and innovative literacy practices through various activities such as:
- Individual discussions (informal and formal)
- Coaching sessions
- Demonstration lessons with pre- and post-discussions/analysis
- Study Groups
- Staff meetings and professional development programs
- Evaluate student achievement and assist with placing students in appropriate intervention and support services;
- Effectiveness and progress work collaboratively with teachers and colleagues to share ideas and strategies that will keep students interested and motivated in learning;
- Assist teachers so that students perform well on assessments, overall reading skills and L.A. curriculum;
- Assist with lesson content, teaching materials and resources;
- Deliver guidance on new innovations in the subject and changes to the curriculum;
- Liaise closely with L.A. teachers and provide advice and assistance related to lesson plans;
- Assist teachers to prepare and review lesson plans, as well as selecting learning materials that will engage students’ interest and help them learn more effectively/efficiently;
- Incorporate language arts fundamentals into reading and writing exercises;
- Develop and lead program innovation;
- Present demonstration lessons to L.A. teachers.
The suitable candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor of Education Degree;
- A minimum Professional “A” Teaching Certificate;
- Minimum of 5 years successful teaching experience in Literacy, and/or experience as an English Language Arts teacher;
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License;
- Must possess excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Must be able to provide a recent and satisfactory Driver’s Abstract, Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check & COVID-19 Vaccination Passport;
Date of Posting: December 20, 2022 Deadline: Until Suitable Candidate is Found
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume including three (3) references (excluding Chief and Councilors), one from your most recent/current employer, to the following:
Human Resource Office, Phone: 306-425-2183
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Fax: (306) 425-2170
Box 480 E-mail: [email protected]
La Ronge, SK. S0J 1L0 Website : https://llrib.com/llrib-jobs/
NOTE: Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation shall not be considered. In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references. Your references MUST be people who you reported to and had direct supervisory authority over you. Also, please provide your Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract with your application.
- Telephone interviews will not be granted. However, an interview via Teams may be granted.
- LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.