1 (One) – One Year Term (Maternity Leave Coverage Ending May 2024)
Licensed Practical Nurse
For the Community of La Ronge
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Health Services Department is now seeking 1 (One) Permanent Full-Time, Licensed Practical Nurse for the Maternal Child Health Program. The ideal candidate will provide community based Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder case management and Canadian Prenatal Nutrition Program nursing services to community members. This position will be based in La Ronge and will provide services to the 4 (four) LLRIB surrounding communities. This position will report to the Maternal Child Health Supervisor.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to work under pressure independently as well as a member of a team;
- Developing strengths-based plans for children and youth with FASD and/or suspected FASD and their families as required;
- Evaluating client progress and updating care plan based on on-going nursing assessment;
- Supporting Connections to appropriate diagnostic, treatment and other support services which meet the child’s and family’s needs.
- Provide counselling and case management for people who are living with mental health and/or substance use issues.
- Educating community members on prevention of FASD, assessment and diagnosis through sharing of information and organizing educational events.
- Identifying the prenatal nutritional needs of low-income at risk women and teenagers.
- Facilitating group perinatal nutrition counselling and healthy food preparation
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or designate;
- Registered with the Saskatchewan Association of Licensed Practical Nurses (SALPN);
- Experience working with children/youth with FASD and their families is an asset;
- Experience working with mothers and infants;
- Experience in working in the area of infant development;
- Must be able to work independently, be self-directed and demonstrate organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving & organizational abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal, & public relation skills;
- Ability to speak/understand Cree is a definite asset;
- Must possess a Valid Driver’s License.
- A Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check and a Driver’s Abstract required upon hire.
Benefits: LLRIBHS offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package such as Recognitions, Northern Allowance, Housing Subsidy, Extended Health Care and Pension.
Posted: March 9th, 2023 Deadline: March 23rd, 2023
Apply by: Submitting your cover letter and resume including three (3) professional references (excluding Chief & Council), one reference must be from your current or most recent Employer, to:
Email: [email protected]
Or Apply On-Line at: https://llrib.com/llrib-jobs/
In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references.
Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation may not be considered.
LLRIBHS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Telephone interviews will not be granted; however, Zoom interviews may be considered.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.