(This is a re-advertisement, previous candidates need not apply)
The Lac La Ronge Indian Band’s Education Department is now accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year, to fill the following full-time position based in La Ronge, SK:
Learning Support Coordinator
The suitable candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
• Provide guidance and support to administrators, learning support teachers and classroom teachers to ensure the implementation of appropriate educational programming, including, individualized programming to meet students’ needs (IIP’s)
• Collaborate with school teams to identify required supports for students, such as, assessments, transition plans, safety plans, etc.
• Collaborate with staff to plan and coordinate alternative education programming
• Participate in the scheduling and directing of second level services, including, educational psychologist, speech and language pathologist, occupational therapist, and other clinicians
• Develop and deliver professional development for staff
• Work collaboratively with outside agencies to provide supports for students
• Ensure that reports and information are submitted on a timely basis
• Ensure the maintenance of student records and confidential information
• Other related responsibilities as assigned
The suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor of Education Degree, with a focus/training in Special Education
• Minimum of 5 years teaching experience
• Relevant resource room and classroom experience at the high school level
• Knowledge of various disabilities and programming to meet needs
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively, as well as independently
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, and computer skills
• Cultural sensitivity
• Ability to speak Cree language would be an asset
• Saskatchewan Professional A Teacher Certification or ability to obtain
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
• Must be able to provide a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract, Criminal Record Check/ Vulnerable Sector Screening
Posting Date: December 13, 2021
Deadline for applications: Until suitable candidate is found
LLRIB offers a comprehensive benefit (pension, extended health and life insurance) package, northern living allowance, housing allowance where applicable.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume including three (3) references (excluding Chief and Councilors), one from your most recent/current employer, to the following:
Human Resource Office Fax: (306) 425-2170
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Email: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Box 480 Online: https://llrib.com/llrib-job-ads/
La Ronge, SK. S0J 1L0
**Note: Your references MUST be people who you reported to and had direct supervisory authority over you. In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references**
For further information, call Manuela Facci, Superintendent of Learning Support (306) 425-4938.
LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record and vulnerable sector record check. Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation may not be considered.
Telephone interviews will not be granted.