Junior Finance Officer
For the Community of La Ronge
(This is a re-advertisement; previous applicants need not apply)
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Health Services is now inviting applications for 1 (One) – Permanent Full Time, Junior Finance Officer for the community of La Ronge, under the supervision of the Senior Finance Officer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the provision of specialized administration, accounting and financial services for the LLRIB Health Services Department.
- Transaction processing for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledgers;
- Financial reporting and analysis in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Month-end & year-end accounting cycles;
- Performing and maintaining financial records;
- Ensures the accountability of all expenditure and revenues;
- Other administrative and financial duties as assigned by supervisor and/or designate.
- Minimum Grade 12; Diploma in Business Administration or related field preferred; Combination of relevant education and experience may be considered; must be willing to take training if required;
- 3 years’ experience in finance;
- Knowledge in ACCPAC software;
- Clear understanding of (GAAP) Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Ability to utilize accounting programs, maintain financial records;
- Excellent computer, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work as a team and must be bondable;
- Must have a Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract required upon hire;
LLRIBHS offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package such as Recognitions, Northern Allowance, Housing Subsidy, Extended Health Care and Pension.
Re-Posted: February 10. 2023 Deadline: Until suitable Candidate is found
Apply on-line at: llrib.bamboohr.com/jobs
Or Apply by: Submitting your cover letter and resume including three (3) professional references (excluding Chief & Council), one reference must be from your current or most recent Employer, to:
Email: [email protected] Phone: 639-274-0323 Fax: 639-274-0328
In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references.
Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation may not be considered.
LLRIBHS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Telephone interviews will not be granted; however, SKYPE interviews may be considered.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.