1 (One) Full Time, Indefinite Term Contract
(IRS) CULTURAL SUPPORT WORKER
For the community of La Ronge
(This is a Re-Advertisement. Previous Applicants Need Not Apply)
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Health Services Department is now inviting applications for 2 (Two) Full Time, Indefinite Term Contract, Indian Residential School (IRS) / Cultural Support Worker to work in the community of La Ronge. With a strong possibility of an extension, to assist in the Prevention & Recovery Program. This position requires living a healthy lifestyle and being familiar with Woodland Cree Culture.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for the provision of support, referrals, translation, cultural and education services in the field of Indian Residential Schools;
- Build networks and relationships with multiple groups at the national, regional and community levels while promoting awareness of the IRS Resolution Health Support Program and IRS issues;
- Assist communities in capacity building to address impacts of Indian Residential Schools;
- Work closely with other healthcare teams in organizing events;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or designate.
- Certificate in Social Work or Diploma in Justice Studies or Human Studies field;
- Strong verbal, written communication and public relations skills;
- Experience working with First Nations communities including leadership;
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, as part of a team and with minimal direction;
- Ability to speak/understand Cree and knowledge of Cree Culture is required;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and able to travel to LLRIB communities;
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening & Driver’s Abstract required upon hire.
Benefits: LLRIBHS offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package such as recognitions, Northern Allowance, Housing Subsidy upon application, group insurance and Pension.
Re-Post: January 17th, 2023 Deadline: January 31st, 2023
Apply by: Submitting your cover letter and resume with three (3) professional references
(Excluding Chief & Council), one from your current or most recent supervisor to Human Resources.
Or Apply On-Line at: https://llrib.com/llrib-jobs/
Email: [email protected]
In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references
LLRIBHS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check and vulnerable sector screening check. Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation may not be considered. Telephone interviews will not be granted; however, ZOOM interviews may be considered.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.