The Lac La Ronge Indian Band’s Education Department is accepting applications for the following Permanent, Part-Time position, based out of the ECP Headstart in the community of Little Red River, SK:
EARLY CHILDHOOD WORKER
The suitable candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Take direction and guidance from Early Childhood Program Supervisor
- Ensure that the children’s safety, development and well-being is implemented.
- Ensures that children are fed well balanced meals and helps in service of snacks and lunch.
- Ensure that daily reports and journals are recorded every day.
- Ensure the LLRIB Personnel policy manual is adhered to
- Ensure the Parent Handbook policy is adhered to
- Actively supervise and interact with children attending the program.
The suitable candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Early Childcare Education- Level 1;
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check;
- Must hold a class 5 drivers license;
- Possession of First Aid, CPR, WHIMIS and Food Handler’s certificate is preferred
- Mature, responsible, and punctual;
- Capacity to demonstrate a caring attitude;
- Patient, caring, loving, compassionate, and enjoy working with children;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Combination of education and experience in childcare setting will be considered.
Posting Date: March 17th, 2023
Deadline for applications: U.S.C.I.F
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume including three (3) references (excluding Chief and Councilors), one from your most recent/current employer, to the following:
Human Resource Office, Phone: (306) 425-2183
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Fax: (306) 425-2170
Box 480 E-mail: ([email protected])
La Ronge, SK. S0J 1L0 Website : https://llrib.com/llrib-jobs/
NOTE: Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation shall not be considered.
In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references. Your references MUST be people who you reported to and had direct supervisory authority over you.
Also, please provide your Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract with your application.
- Telephone interviews will not be granted. However, an interview via Teams may be granted.
- LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.