(This is a re-advertisement, previous candidates need not apply)
The Lac La Ronge Indian Band’s Education Department is accepting applications for the following Permanent, Full-time position, based out of the community of Little Red River, SK
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
The suitable candidates will be able to fulfill the following duties/responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and instruct Early Childhood Program Curriculum;
- Ensure that the Early Childhood Program meets health and safety standards;
- Maintain positive public relations with clients; Work effectively with the Education team;
- Carry out health promotion programs, community education events and planning individual and/or group workshops for families with children age 0 – 6 years;
- Work collaboratively with Daycare/Headstart staff in the implementation of Cree language and cultural programming for the children;
- Act as an interpreter or escort for Cree speaking clients; Advocate and act as a liaison for families;
- Provide work plans and progress to the supervisor;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications/abilities:
- Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Must have Level 3 ECE (Early Childhood Educator) Diploma;
- A combination of Education and Experience may be considered;
- Valid First Aid/CPR, WHIMIS and Food Safety Handler’s Certificate is an asset;
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs;
- Personal experience as parent or caregiver of infants and/or young children;
- Ability to speak /understand Cree and/or knowledge of Cree Culture is an asset;
- Excellent verbal, written communication and public relations skills;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is preferred;
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check and a Driver’s Abstract.
Posting Date: October 14th, 2021 Deadline for applications: Until Suitable Candidate is Found
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume including three (3) references (excluding Chief and Councilors), one from your most recent/current employer, to the following:
Human Resource Office,
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Fax: (306) 425-2170
Box 480 E-mail: (email@example.com)
La Ronge, SK. S0J 1L0
Note: Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation will not be considered
For further information, call Kathleen Desautels, Early Childhood Program Manager at (306) 425-5656.
LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record and vulnerable sector record check.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.
Telephone interviews will not be granted.