(Restricted to members of the LLRIB)
1 (One) – Permanent Full Time
CULTURAL SUPPORT WORKER
For the community of Grandmother’s Bay
(This is a re-advertisement; previous applicants need not apply)
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Health Services Department is now inviting applications for 1 (One), Permanent Full Time, Cultural Support Worker for the community of Grandmother’s Bay. The Cultural Support Worker contributes to the Health Team through health advocacy, prevention and promotion, and works under the supervision of the Cultural Program Manager. The main purpose is to promote healthy traditional practices and assist the Health Team by providing health programming within LLRIB communities. This position requires living a healthy lifestyle and being familiar with Woodland Cree traditions and culture.
- Assisting health staff in the delivery of health care services including but not limited to promotion, prevention and chronic care;
- Assisting the elderly and disabled to live independently at home as long as possible by providing transportation for shopping, chopping wood, shoveling snow, hunting and gathering food, and referral to other health care professionals as necessary;
- Works closely with the Health Team by assisting in home visits, providing support, awareness, reinforce teaching, interpreting and advising;
- Act as an interpreter between English and Cree speaking clients, health care providers, and accompany clients when necessary to appointments;
- Assist in planning and organizing events such as cultural camps, hunting & gathering, planting and harvesting community gardens, berry picking expeditions, trips and traditional outings for the elderly;
- Engages families and community members in basic life skills from a traditional perspective.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or designate.
- Minimum Grade 10 (combination of education and relevant experience may be considered);
- Must possess knowledge of and experience with Woodland Cree culture and traditions;
- Must possess the ability to speak and understand the Cree Language;
- Ability to work within multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and able to travel to Outlying LLRIB communities;
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening & Driver’s Abstract upon hire.
Benefits: LLRIBHS offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package such as Recognitions, Northern Allowance, Housing Subsidy, Extended Health Care and Pension.
Re-Post: January 17th, 2023 Deadline: January 31st, 2023
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume including three (3) professional references (excluding Chief & Council), one reference must be from your current or most recent Employer, to:
Email: [email protected]
Or Apply on-line at: https://llrib.com/llrib-jobs/
In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references.
Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation may not be considered.
LLRIBHS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Telephone interviews will not be granted; however, SKYPE interviews may be considered.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.