The Lac La Ronge Indian Band’s Education Department is now accepting applications for the position of Cultural Assistant based out of Chief Moses Ratt School (Cultural Camp) in Sucker River, SK:
Cultural Assistant (Term position)
The suitable candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
- Knowledge of Cree language and culture, traditional skills (hunting, fishing, trapping), knowledge of land, Snow mobile, all-terrain vehicles and other small equipment, and, other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to organize cultural activities for land-based students;
- Prepare traditional foods;
- Assist in providing cultural teachings;
- Assist in arranging transportation for students as needed;
- Respond to general inquiries of the Cultural Camp’s purpose, processes and procedures and/or other information being requested;
- Assist in gathering materials, tools and accessories for Culture Camp;
- Provide school & student support to ensure student safety and supervision at all times;
- Must be able to work well with students of all ages in a caring and confidential manner
The suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Grade 10 preferred;
- Must be prepared to work with children with various skills and abilities;
- Must ensure student safety;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to lift heavy objects;
- Possess or willing to obtain First Aid Certificate
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
Posting Date: September 10, 2021 Deadline for application: Until Suitable Candidate is Found
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume including three (3) Professional References, one from your most recent or current employer, to the following:
Human Resource Office Phone: (306) 425-2183.
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Fax: (306) 425-2170
Box 480, La Ronge, SK. S0J 1L0 E-mail: (email@example.com)
Note: Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation will not be considered.
For further information, call Edith Venne, CMRS Principal at (306) 425-3098.
LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Telephone interviews will not be granted.