The Lac La Ronge Indian Band’s Education Department is now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 academic year, to fill the following full-time term position based out of Senator Myles Venne School in La Ronge:
Cree Language Educational Assistant
(2 Positions Available)
The suitable candidates will be able to perform the following duties;
- Assist students in grade 5 to 9 learn Cree language and Culture;
- Participate during supervision time and in extra-curricular activities;
- Work with Cree Teacher to develop individualized plans;
- Must be prepared to work with children of various skills and abilities;
- Maintain records and student progress, discuss with team members any changes which may be made to an individual student’s program;
- Support and assist students and the school as assigned;
- Respond flexibly to changes in schedule and to the needs of students, and at times may be required to engage in personal care;
- Support and participate in a wide variety of field trips, sports, social, recreational and craft activities
The suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 required;
- Must be prepared to work with children with various skills and abilities;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Must be able to speak and understand Woodland Cree language/ culture.
- Must be able to provide a satisfactory Driver’s Abstract, Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Screening;
Posting Date: September 16th, 2022 Deadline for application: Until Suitable Candidate is Found.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume including three (3) references (excluding Chief and Councilors), one from your most recent/current employer, to the following:
Human Resource Office, Phone: 306-425-2183
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Fax: (306) 425-2170
Box 480 E-mail: ([email protected])
La Ronge, SK. S0J 1L0 Online: https://llrib.com/llrib-jobs/
NOTE: Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation shall not be considered. In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references. Your references MUST be people who you reported to and had direct supervisory authority over
you. Also, please provide your Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract with your application.**
- Telephone interviews will not be granted. However, an interview via Teams may be granted.
- LLRIB thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will contacted.
- Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.