1 – Definite Term Contract, Full Time
(Maternity Leave Coverage Ending February 2024)
CLINIC SUPPORT WORKER
For the Community of Grandmother’s Bay
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Health Services is now inviting applications for (1) Definite Term Contract, Full Time, Clinic Support Worker to work in the community of Grandmother’s Bay, under the supervision of the Operations & Maintenance Coordinator. The successful candidate would be able to perform the following Janitorial, Water Quality, minor maintenance and cross training for various positions in the Kokum’s Health Clinic.
- Maintain water quality guidelines set by EHO;
- Provide janitorial duties on a regular basis to meet Health & Safety Standards and Occupational Safety Standards;
- Provide minor maintenance, order supplies and inventory control;
- Cross-train for Community Health Representative, Community / Cultural Support Worker, Home Health Aide, Medical Transportation Clerk, Parent Support Worker and Dental Aide;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or designate
- Minimum grade 10 education;
- WHIMIS and First Aid/CPR (or willing to obtain);
- Basic computer experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate organization skills;
- Willing to take training on the job, willing to learn new skills and work within the health care team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to speak/understand Cree and knowledge of the Cree Culture is an asset;
- Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check & Driver’s Abstract is required upon hire;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is an asset;
Benefits: LLRIBHS offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package such as Recognitions, Northern Allowance, Housing Subsidy, Extended Health Care and Pension.
Posted: March 14th, 2023 Deadline: March 28th, 2023
Apply by: Submitting your cover letter and resume including three (3) professional references
(Excluding Chief & Council), one reference must be from your current or most recent Employer, to:
Or Apply On-Line at: https://llrib.com/llrib-jobs/ Email: [email protected]
In the cover letter, please indicate permission to contact references.
Please be advised applications received without the proper documentation may not be considered.
LLRIBHS thanks all interested applicants; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Telephone interviews will not be granted; however, Zoom or SKYPE interviews may be considered.
Since this position is engaged primarily in serving the interests of Aboriginal people, Lac La Ronge Indian Band shall give preference to Aboriginal people who possess the requisite skill sets and experience.