PDF Poster – First Responder Training Program
The First Responder program is seeking additional First Responders in the communities of Grandmother’s Bay, Hall Lake, Stanley Mission and Sucker River.
The course will be one week: Monday, September 12th – Friday, September 16th, 2022. All required training and medical equipment will be provided from Lac La Ronge Indian Band Health Services. This is a paid on-call, as well as paid per call position. We ask that you only sign up if you will be able to be on call for a set amount of days per week/month. Applicants must be residing within the communities of Grandmother’s Bay, Hall Lake, Stanley Mission or Sucker River.
The First Responder program has been designated to assist rural communities in an efficient response of qualified emergency personnel for the citizens for their community in the event of an emergency. The First Responder program is supported by Lac La Ronge Indian Band, RCMP and La Ronge Emergency Medical Services.
Upon successful interviews, First Responder participants must:
- Be able to provide a CPIC, a Driver’s Abstract, and pass Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Be able to be on call 24 hours as per scheduled “on call” days.
- Respond to any emergency when contacted from Parkland Communications, La Ronge EMS or the party needing medical attention
- Have their own form of transportation and will be paid mileage per call
The First Responder
- Provides assessment and treatment in a professional and courteous manner to the ill or injured person consistent with the First Responder Training at the direction of the Health and Safety Officer and the Local EMS
- Demonstrates their commitment as a First Responder by signing a Service Agreement with Lac La Ronge Indian Band Health Services and the local EMS Service.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of patients at all times.
- Drives with extreme caution and abide by all traffic laws when responding to an emergency call.
- Maintains necessary continuing education/re-certification, i.e. First Responder course and Standard First Aid CPR/AED Level C.
- Maintains current personal information (i.e. address and phone number) with the Health and Safety Officer
- Will not respond to calls under the influence of alcohol or drugs
For more information, or to sign up for the First Responder course, please contact Kirk Caisse by September 8th, 2022 at 4:30 pm:
Kirk Caisse, Health and Safety Officer
Lac La Ronge Indian Band Health Services
(w) 639-274-0326 (c) 306-420-8708