Click Link to Print – Corona Virus information Package
Information Re: COVID 19
COVID 19 (Coronavirus) is a virus that is spread by contact and/or from a sneeze or cough of an infected person. Usually spreads from close person-to-person contact through respiratory droplets from coughing and sneezing. May also spread through airborne transmission, when tiny droplets remain in the air even after the person with the virus leaves the area.
Can only be diagnosed with a laboratory test.
How to protect yourself and your family
• Good hand washing practices
• Cough/sneeze into elbow bend
• Avoiding gatherings
• Stay home when feeling sick
It is important to remember that our Elders are most vulnerable and to be aware and do Elder checks to make sure they have the essentials they need in their home and assist with sanitizing where needed.
(Reducing close contact between people to slow the spread of infections)
Things to avoid:
- Sharing of personal hygiene products
- Group gatherings
- Athletic events
- Non-essential workers in your house
Make a Plan
There are simple, practical things you can do to prepare in case you or someone in your household becomes ill or if COVID-19 becomes common in your community:
- Essential supplies (avoid panic buying)
- Refill prescriptions and have some Tylenol/Cough syrup to manage a fever and/or cough
- Alternative child/Elder care in case you as a caregiver become ill
If you are experiencing anxiety or feeling fear because of over stimulation or over exposure to media
- Take a media break
- Go for a walk
- Have a nap
- Do something you enjoy
- Go for a snowmobile ride or go fishing (outdoor activities)
If you have questions or concerns regarding COVID 19
LLRIB-Health Services has designated a Registered Nurse to answer questions. She will not be able to diagnose you but can assist with accurate information and provide you with further contact information if required.
Public Health Nurse LLRIBHS