June 17, 2020
Congratulations to all Lac La Ronge Indian Band Graduates!
Graduation is an occasion to celebrate, we understand this is normally a large family gathering to celebrate the student’s accomplishments. The LLRIB Emergency Control Group want to make sure you have the information to have a safe event while navigating through the many public recommendations/guidelines.
This year is very different with the risk of transmission of COVID – 19; with that there is some information we would like to share with graduates and families.
As per the Government of Saskatchewan – Public Health Order:
• Indoor gatherings no larger than 15 people and outdoor gatherings limited to 30 people.
Following the guidelines from NITHA including:
• Keep a sign in sheet to list attendees (this will assist Public Health Officials with contact tracing if there is a COVID-19 positive case and has identified as being at your event
• Practice proper Cough/Sneeze etiquette; into tissue or the bend of the elbow
• Minimize close contact; hugging, shaking hands
• Provide hand washing stations including soap, water and paper towels and/or hand sanitizer
• Ensuring common surfaces are disinfected frequently
• A buffet style meal is not recommended an alternative option is to provide premade plates of food and utensils
• Place signage in clear areas to remind attendees of recommendations
• Limit alcohol and drug use as it impairs your judgement and may affect your ability to follow the guidelines.
• Make sure your gathering has adequate chaperones to ensure everyone’s safety
IF YOU ARE SICK, DO NOT ATTEND PUBLIC EVENTS
We hope and pray that all graduates and families stay safe to celebrate this milestone, don’t drink and drive, wash your hands and follow guidelines provided.
LLRIB Emergency Control Group