Housing Department – Rent Deferrals for Tenants in Band Housing.
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and the financial difficulties it brings, the Lac La Ronge Indian Band’s Housing Department will be offering optional rent deferrals for tenants paying rent in Band housing. Those tenants that wish to defer (postpone) their rent payments for 3 months, will be allowed to do so.
• The rent deferral period covers rent payments regularly scheduled for April 1, May 1 and June 1, 2020.
• Tenants that exercise this deferral option will be required to enter into a Repayment Agreement from July 01, 2020 to March 31, 2021.
• Tenants are still responsible for payment of deferred rent.
• Existing repayment agreements may also be deferred to July 2020 upon request.
• Band employees who pay rent via payroll deduction will have the deduction suspended for the above-mentioned period.
• Tenants wanting to continue rent payments and/or payroll deductions may do so.
• Housing will not issue rent reminders or enforce evictions for non-payment during the deferral period.
• Rent payments will not be accepted until the Housing office reopens to the public at a later date.
• Housing staff will be contacting all tenants once the office is open.
• Depending on how the pandemic progresses, Housing and Internal Council may extend this deferral period.
• Questions and concerns can be directed to the emails below and/or the Housing office when it has reopened to the public.
o Clayton Bird, Housing Manager – email@example.com
o Francis Ratt, Tenant Relations Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
o Housing Office – (306) 425-2884
Image File Below: