Download PDFs to Print:
- Animal Registration, Schedule B in Dog Bylaw Rev 01
- Animal Registration, Schedule B in Dog Bylaw – FILLABLE
- 2021-04-19 Dog Payment Poster
- LLRIB Animal Control By-Law
Dog Control By-Law Notice
April 16, 2021
The Lac La Ronge Indian Band is providing notice that there is a by-law in place outlining the Band’s control and support over our large animal population. The purpose of the by-law is:
- To provide for the licensing and registration of cats and dogs;
- To control and regulate cats and dogs;
- To provide for the impounding of dogs that are running at large;
- To provide a safe environment from dangerous dogs.
The Animal Control Officer, or any other person designated by the Council, may capture or seize any dog found running at large, or in respect of which any other violation of the By-law has been committed and shall thereupon deliver such dog to the Band Dog Pound.
Owners shall ensure that their animal does not run at large and are provided with:
- Clean potable drinking water and food of sufficient quantity to allow for healthy growth and the maintenance of healthy body weight, and to ensure that the animal does not become a nuisance;
- The opportunity for regular exercise, under appropriate control, sufficient to maintain good health; and
- Necessary veterinary care when the animal exhibits signs of pain, injury, illness, or suffering.
All animals aged 3 months and over must be registered as provided by this by-law.
Registration forms and the by-law are available at our office or online at www.llrib.com.
Completed registration forms can be dropped off or faxed to our office or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Animal Control Officer- Currently vacant call Public Works to place a work order 425-2884