Click Link to Printed – Caribou art contest poster-updated, LLRIBv2
Share your artwork with the Prince Albert Model Forest so we can protect caribou habitat and show what makes caribou important to your First Nation
Grocery gift cards – Restaurant gift cards – Art Set
Up to $50 value each!
- Your artwork will be part of a visual story that includes the values, vision and action needed in caribou habitat management.
- This visual story will also inform the Caribou Habitat Management Range Plan for Northern Saskatchewan (SK1) and the SK2 Central plan
- Artwork can include drawings, paintings, beadwork and anything that can be digitally entered into a poster format
- Deadline for submissions is JUNE 20, 2020
- For more information, please contact Sarah Schmid
c: 306.314.9181 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cree Language Festival 2020
nīhithowītān– Let’s Speak Cree
9:00am to 3:30pm from May 4th—8th
The Lac La Ronge Indian Band Education Department invite Pre-School to 12 students to enter in Social Distancing Cree Language Festival 2020. Students residing in Air Ronge, La Ronge, Hall Lake, Grandmothers Bay, Little Red River, Sucker River and Stanley Mission.
You will have to post your performance on Facebook Page: Cree Language – nīhithowīwin.
Please see Social Distancing Cree Language Festival 2020 Rules and Judging criteria.
To enter, please include the following information: Parent/Guardian, Students name (s), Name of School, Grade, Treaty Number (s), Mailing Address, Contact Number or Facebook Name.
Please send information on Facebook messenger to: Minnie McKenzie, Alexis McLeod and/or Elena Mirasty on weekdays, Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Social Distancing Cree Language Festival 2020 – Rules
1. All entries in singing and oratory must be in Cree Language.
2. The Red River Jig – Three Changes (Red River Jig)
3. Students must be enrolled in the following schools:
– Bells Point Elementary School, Air Ronge
– Chief Moses Ratt School, Sucker River
– Churchill High School, La Ronge
– Gordon Denny Community School, Air Ronge
– Keethanow Elementary School, Stanley Mission
– Little Red River School, Little Red River
– Mikisiw Awāsis School, Air Ronge
– Nihithaw Awasis School, Grandmothers Bay
– Pre-Cam School, La Ronge
– Rhoda Hardlotte Memorial High School, Stanley Mission
– Sally Ross School, Hall Lake
– Senator Myles Venne School, Air Ronge
4. Parents/Guardians can participate with their children in group category.
5. Time limit 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Oratory could be storytelling (legends) NO swearing; reading ingredients for a recipe; saying words example: animals, birds, household items, commands, verbs, cultural activities and/or pictures. Be creative.
7. Students must introduce themselves before the performance. Name, school, grade level and name of classroom teacher.
8. Winners will be announced Wednesday, May 15th, 2020.
CHIEF AND COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENT – April 29, 2020
COVID-19 Emergency Measures By-Law – March 30, 2020